Are you looking to buy cars impounded by Nigerian Customs Service? If yes, I have good news for you. The Nigerian Custom has launched e-auction portal where you will login and bid for the car you want.
There are many impounded cars for sale in Nigeria. These cars are in the custody of the Nigerian Customs. They seized it for one reason or the other. Sometimes, people do smuggle cars because they don’t want to pay some tax and the clearing fee.
When the cars are been seized, it stays sometimes before the federal government will decide to sell them at a cheap rate. Custom auctions are the best place to buy cheap cars, you will buy cars worth 2 million for 300,000. That is just an example of what you are going to see, sometimes, it’s costlier while cheaper sometimes.
There are terms and conditions you must agree to before you will be able to use Customs e-auction portal. You will have to read and understand them before making any move.
Don’t worry, I will guide you and help you with all you need to know and buy on Nigeria Custom Auto Auction sales.
I participated in the Nigerian Custom service auction sales in July 2017. I bought a lot of cars which I fixed. I took them to my car stand and sold them at a tokumbo price.
I made a lot of money from it. This is a wonderful opportunity that you cannot afford to miss. Follow my guide and login to e-auction portal to buy now.
Nigerian Custom e-Auction Terms and Conditions
- Nigeria Customs Service wishes to inform the general public about its readiness to deploy the e-auction platform via https://app.trade.gov.ng/eauction
- Consequently, all those who want to participate in the e-auction process are advised to note the following terms and conditions:
- Applicant must have a valid TIN issued by the FIRS with an active e-mail account.
- An applicant shall pay a non-refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (N1, 000.00) as administrative charge.
- An Item is auctioned as is as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.
- The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.
- Failure to pay within five (5) working days the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.
- The successful bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.
- Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.
- Take note of overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for the Shipping line and Terminal operator respectively.
- Bidders shall be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.
- For claiming items, the winner shall present;
- A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);
- E-mailed code to identify owner after payment;
- A notarized letter in case owner sends a representative. (Where the owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.)
- Provide proper identification with the notarized letter such as International passport, Drivers licence, Voters card or National I.D.
- The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Twenty-Eight (28) days.
- Third party claims shall not be entertained.
- Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating in this Auction.
- Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for same.
How to Buy on the E-Auction Platform
You will have to register on the portal first
Visit https://app.trade.gov.ng/eauction and click on the image icon at the top of the page
Click on Register New User to start
Once done, go to current auctions and you will see all the list of items to be sold.
If you are the highest bidder, you will win.
There are two websites you can get information from about Custom Auctions. They are:
Don’t hesitate to use the comment section if you have anything to ask.